disclaimer:boys, I feel the need to inform you that unless you just want some feminine insight, keep reading!
the last two weeks I have been waking up before work to do cardio. I’m up to 25 minutes 5 days a week, and knowing myself, I need to get it in before work because the chances of me doing it either before or after my workout is super slim. pre-work cardio (PWC) = waking up at 430am on a good day or 5am when I’m pushing my luck.
- wear your gym clothes to sleep and leave a coat on the bed so you can literally roll out from under the covers.
- brush your teeth when the car is warming up (winter is finally here!) and roll out. it’s all about multitasking. takes me a total of 10 minutes.
- naturally have your gym bag with work clothes and meals packed so you can grab and go.
BOOM. always have a system.
in the process of PWC I have stopped wearing makeup to work. the first week I took the minimum (foundation, mascara, eyebrow pencil) and made sure I had time, approximately 7 minutes, to do my makeup before my carpool arrived. then one day this week I didn’t even bother. my skin felt so good after my shower I was thought to myself “I’ll give my skin a break for a change.” same thing Tuesday and Wednesday I stopped even bringing my makeup with me. Five full days I haven’t worn makeup and it feels awesome. this is very unlike me so I was trying to think of reasons I haven’t been wearing it.
- saves time. but I have been making the time to do it, so that can’t be it.
- drinking so much water has helped my skin. this I find highly likely. I still have blemishes and dirty pores, but my skin feels soft, less oily and my skin tone is more even which usually doesn’t happen in the winter.
- not using social media constantly. this I think could be a subconscious affect. I’m not comparing myself to anyone other than myself or friends I see in person. and the people I see every day are people at work or at the gym, and no one in either place is trying to impress anyone.